About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position will define technology standards and policiesfor our global campus infrastructure.
What you'll do
- Ability to architect, design, and implement network campussolution.
- Determine switch and wireless hardware requirements andconfigurations, and develop, execute, and track purchase orders for requiredequipment.
- Design, implement, and support WLANs by performing anddocumenting 802.11 wireless surveys.
- Experience using Wireless planning site survey tool,Spectrum Analyzer, and analyzing collected RF data to determine cellboundaries, AP power settings, and noise and interference sources is preferred.Will determine AP placements and deploy APs, and perform post-implementationsurveys in order to optimize WLAN performance.
- Diagnose difficult network performance problems and interactwith application support teams to diagnose network or application performanceissues. Must know how to quickly trouble-shoot network issues related to asymmetry.
- Must have operational experience with;Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Juniper and Cisco)
- Must have experience with BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Must have knowledge of network switching protocols: STP,802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- This candidate will also understand the rigors of operatinga global, 24x7x365 large scale network, and will act as a tiered support forhigh-severity and business impacting issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of Wireless Planning, Design,Implementation & Optimization Services.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability towork with little supervision.
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well asconfiguration and integration support within project delivery and ongoingconsultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, wireless networkdeployments.
- Assist in the development of high-level and low-level designactivities
Who you are
- Cisco/Meraki Wireless Experience
- BS in CS, EE, IT, or 8 + years’ experience in a LAN, WAN,WLAN network engineering
- RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshootingskills
- Advanced knowledge in Enterprise architecture,infrastructure deployments and solutions design
- Must have design, implementation and operational experiencewith; Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Juniper MX and Cisco preferred)
- Extensive hand experience in BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within WAN, Branch,Data Center and Orchestration
- Familiarity with automation and basic scripting knowledgeusing Python, Perl, PHP or any other language is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork,facilitation and negotiation
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability towork with little supervision
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs