About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: Under general supervision, the Assistant Designer assists in designing product line that is consistent with a season’s theme. This person will work more independently in creating and executing the design for a limited area of responsibility. Work will be reviewed by manager on a periodic basis.
What you'll do
- Prepares basic flat sketch designs.
- Assists with basic specification of product.
- Assists with color b.o.m.'s.
- Attends fitting sessions with manager; make revisions to sketch and design package as needed.
- May assist in researching the local market.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Trim Department to keep abreast of current ideas.
Who you are
- Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
- Basic product and fabric knowledge.
- Basic understanding of garment construction.
- Basic design and color sense.
- Ability to perform basic flat sketches.
- Basic organizational and communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
- One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs