September 24, 2018
Nestled on Harrison St. in San Francisco, right on the embarcadero and overlooking the Bay Bridge, is where our brand Athleta calls home. This area perfectly encapsulates Athleta’s mission and values providing healthy eats, amazing trails for hiking, beautiful studios for getting your sweat on, and most importantly passionate and driven people aiming to empower women and girls everywhere. With goals as ambitious as these, the employees needed a space guaranteed to inspire and motivate that work. We stopped by Atheta’s new HQ and rounded up the top five aspects of the space we love.
- Our dress code in two words: Yoga pants. Athleta clothing is so comfortable you want to live in it … and when you work here, you can! Your Foothill Tank, Soho Jogger and other activewear pieces are officially approved work gear, and as an Athleta employee, you even get a 50% discount on most Athleta products. This dress code makes the transition from work to workout completely seamless. Speaking of commute, the brand just released a whole collection of clothing dedicated to your commute, so you can make your way to work in style, comfort while not sacrificing performance.
- Getting to the gym has never been easier. When your fitness class is right down the hall, it’s pretty hard to make an excuse to skip your workout. Athleta’s in-house Fit Studio offers amazing classes taught by Athleta employees like Laura Hogya, manager of PR and partnerships. Join her for a Monday-morning Yoga Sculpt class, and start your week off right. This mission of healthy living is truly the heartbeat of the company. Since 1998, we’ve been creating versatile performance apparel to inspire a community of active, confident women, so support for healthy lifestyles is embedded throughout the company. We’re intentionally located steps from the San Francisco Bay Trail, in a perfect setting for lunchtime runs or bike commuting, and since you’ll already be in your workout clothes, you don’t even need to change. When it’s fully completed, the trail will offer 500 miles (!) of walking, hiking and cycling around the entire San Francisco Bay, running through all nine Bay Area counties and 47 cities.
- “The cafeteria of all cafeterias." Fitness blogger Nathalie of Nathletix.net said it better than we could when she wrote about her tour of Athleta HQ: “When we arrived at the cafeteria, I had to do a double take to make sure we hadn’t walked into a Whole Foods instead. Y’all: it was the cafeteria of all cafeterias. We’re talking healthy options galore, an ever-changing menu, a dreamy ice cream assortment, a health-conscious smoothie bar, a refrigerator full of grab-n-go juices, and even a cupboard filled with glass jars of everyone’s favorite candies.” There’s really no limit to the healthy and delicious options, and we’re so grateful for the Gapeteria staff that cooks up those goodies with love.
- The power of an ocean view. Our offices look out onto San Francisco Bay and the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge — a view that’s gorgeous and can help make you calmer and more creative, according to marine biologist Wallace J. Nichols, PhD. The title of his 2014 book says it all: Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do.
- Root, root, root for the home team. AT&T Park, home of the 2014 World Series champion San Francisco Giants, is a 15-minute stroll down the Bay Trail, meaning that you can wrap up your work day and be in your seat cracking peanut shells in practically no time.
- Be part of a mission that matters. Athleta’s mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to reach their limitless potential. We’re passionate about healthy, active lifestyles — and about personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences.
We’re also one of the largest apparel companies in the world to achieve certification as a B Corp, which means we’re committed to using our business as a force for good. Through the Gap Inc. P.A.C.E. program and Fair Trade U.S.A., we support programs that have a direct impact on the lives of the workers who make our apparel, who are mostly women. In 2017, we supported nearly 10,000 hours of employee volunteering in the community, and 40 percent of Athleta apparel is made of recycled and sustainable materials, tracking to our goal of 80 percent by 2020.
If you share our passions, we’d love to have you join our community and make our mission a reality. Check out open jobs at Athleta here